- The Shack – WM. Paul Young
- Snow Flower and the Secret Fan – Lisa See
- Same Kind Of Different As Me – Ron Hall & Denver Moore
- East of Eden – John Steinbeck
- Jane Eyre – Charlotte Bronte
- One Thousand White Women – Jim Fergus
I really didn’t love books until I moved to Indianapolis fifteen years ago. I joined a neighborhood book club mostly for the social interaction and to meet people. Over the past decade and a half, my friends and I have read some of the most interesting and thought provoking literature on the shelves. We read all types of books. Without this club, I doubt I would have ever picked up a piece of historical fiction, let alone a classic like East of Eden or Jane Eyre. Some books are laugh-out-loud funny and others have made us cry. It has been such a joy to read these great works and to discuss, condemn, and celebrate them with these ladies that I have grown to love. Now I look forward to a new title every five or six weeks!